PURPOSE: The Laurel Garden Club is dedicated to community beautification, protection, and conservation of Highlands’ natural resources and scenic mountain landscapes. The club’s purpose is charitable and educational. Proceeds from fundraising efforts will benefit projects that comply with the club’s stated purpose.
1. Organizations wishing to receive a grant from the Laurel Garden Club must have reached agreement as to the specific project for which the grant would be given.
2. Once the purpose of the grant is determined within the applicant organization, plans for the project must be made with sufficient specificity to obtain bids or quotes from providers, including but not limited to landscape architects, plant nurseries, etc. Please provide a plant list and advise of any changes to original plant list. Changes need to be approved prior to planting. Grants are not intended to cover operation expenses or staff salaries.
3. The applicant organization must then complete the grant application which is available on line and submit with supporting plans and bids or quotes to the president of the Laurel Garden Club who will present all such proposals to the Grants Committee for its consideration. The Grants Committee will then make recommendations to the full membership for its approval. Grant deadlines are January 30th and June 30th, effective 2012. All grant requests will be evaluated following those dates and be presented to the membership at the February and July meetings.
4. The Laurel Garden Club reserves the right to exercise its own discretion as to whether to award any grant, as well as the amount of any funds granted. The Club encourages the use of native plants and plants with a proven successful growth in the Highlands area.
5. The award of a grant by the Laurel Garden Club is to be understood as an award for as defined in the Club’s purpose statement, and is not to be construed as obligating the Club to provide further funds or labor for maintaining the completed project. Assurance must be given by the applicant organization that other provisions have been made for the continuing upkeep and maintenance of the project.
2015 Grant Committee Chairman Mercedes Heller 828-526-99020 Cindy Trevathan 828-526-2336